
What a week! After enjoying a few days of down time (or should I say days of running around like crazy trying to get things ready for the graduation weekend) with Blaine, we kicked off the weekend's festivities when my family arrived at the airport Friday (May 8th) afternoon for my graduation. Everyone was anxious to get to the beach house we rented on Isle of Palms to kick back, relax, and let the partying begin. The house was beautiful and just a short walk from the beach, which made for an awesome stay.

Friday night, we were lucky enough to have Cross Canadian Ragweed play just down the street from us at The Windjammer! The concert was great, and we were surrounded by family and lots of friends from our squadron. CCR is one of our favorite bands from the good 'ole Texas Country days...it's like they came here just for us!
Saturday was a day of relaxation, family, and friends...with a heart-felt toast led by Blaine, followed by an awesome pool/beach

party! We are so blessed to have great family and friends..an
d even more grateful that many of them were able to join us on Saturday in celebration of my graduation. We enjoyed the pool and the beach...and later, the hot tub when
Elijah figured out how to turn it on. :)

Sunday, the big day, was rainy and not so great for taking outdoor pictures. We managed to get a few indoors, though. The actual graduation ceremony was nice, and, although I won't admit it in person, I felt a great sense of pride as I walked across the stage. Another goal achieved! I was so thankful to have my family there with me on this important day. Thank you guys for being so supportive and loving!! I would not be where I am today without your influence on my life.

Degree in hand, and lots of goodbye hugs later, Blaine and I found ourselves enjoying the beach house...and the beach...and lots of mimosas with Jordan and Christina! Our "staycation" was great! We really felt like we had vacationed somewhere far away, while only being 30 minutes from home. I could get used to beach living...
3 comments:
Hooray for the newest and GREATEST biology teacher SC has ever known=) Congrats, Jen. I am very proud of you!
Congratulations that is awesome!
Yay! I'm still bummed I missed the festivities!
Post a Comment