Because of the time difference, the wedding coverage began on Thursday night at 10:00 p.m. HST. I recorded the wedding events with every intention of waiting until Friday morning to watch it with everyone else over brunch. I was just SO excited that I had to stay awake to watch it live. :) Regardless, the brunch was a success, with 16 ladies in attendance! Note: Please excuse the blurry photos...I recently dropped my camera and messed up the lens. :(
I borrowed this super cute chalkboard from a friend to decorate my front entry. I also bought tiaras for each guest!
There were pictures of the royal couple all over the house.
I made "wedding cupcakes", complete with buttercream roses! Thank you cake decorating class that I thought I would never actually use! ;)
Closeup of my buttercream roses...can you tell I'm proud???
I tried making strawberry basil scones for the first time...I have no idea what scones are supposed to taste like so I don't know if these were any good. The flavors were good together, though!
Our amazing brunch spread! Each guest brought a dish to share...so yummy!
We had several beverages to choose from...mimosas, wedding punch, and hot tea, of course!
Some of the ladies, enjoying the royal wedding!
My Kate Middleton look-alike dress AND ring!!
Whether you still get goosebumps (like I do) or are just sick of hearing about it...William and Kate's wedding is something to be celebrated! A few girls at brunch had a good point...with all the negative in the world right now, it sure was nice to turn on our TV's to something so positive and beautiful! Congrats, Will and Kate! :)
5 comments:
It was so much fun. I was serious we are so having a Baby Shower Brunch for them when the time comes! Thanks for the invite my friend! The cupcakes were divine and I felt bad eating your pretty roses!
This is wonderful! Looks like a fabulous party and your food looked divine! Miss you.
You sure know how to throw a party, my friend! And I say ANY reason you can find is a good reason to celebrate! :)
I am beyond bummed that I couldnt partake with all of you. WOW what an amazing brunch, too. Like you I am rediculously obsessed with wedding (even now a week later). Looked like you had a great time!!!
You are too much! Love it! The party and you look fabulous; so wish I could have been there! XO
Post a Comment