Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Birthday, Blaine!


We recently celebrated Blaine's 31st birthday in Oklahoma City! Blaine is finishing his instructor pilot upgrade in Altus and I am visiting Texas, so the timing for an OKC visit was perfect. We went to our FAVORITE restaurant, Bourbon Street Cafe, for dinner. I highly recommend the filet mignon or the pork chops..the best I have ever had anywhere! Since I was not really in a position to bake Blaine a birthday cake, we settled for some yummy creme brulee instead. Afterwards, we walked along the riverwalk and asked a very nice couple to take our picture at the exact spot we were engaged three years earlier. I like this picture much better..we did the same thing the night we got engaged and my eyes were closed! I couldn't believe it. We ended the night at one of our favorite bars, TapWerks, which has over 100 beers on tap! I also discovered my new favorite beer..Young's Double Chocolate Stout. It's like Guinness, but with chocolate! I already researched places where I will be able to get it in Charleston. We had an awesome time..and I certainly look forward to sharing many more birthdays with my sweet husband!


3 comments:

Stephanie. said...

Love the blog layout!! Is this custom or one from blogspot?

Blaine and Jennifer said...

Oh, Stephanie! Let me tell you the secret to these CUTE backgrounds...www.thecutestblogontheblock.com. It's awesome! Very easy to do when you follow their instructions..and they're FREE!

Michelle said...

LOVE the pix!