Sunday, November 30, 2008

Texas..Home Sweet Home

Well, I just returned from another visit to Texas. While Blaine was training in Oklahoma, I was able to spend an entire month back home! Visits to Texas always bring great Mexican food and awesome BBQ...but more importantly, I get to spend time with my family and friends. My parents were very accommodating as I "moved in", toting Blaze and Holly with me, as well! While there, I substitute taught along side friends whom I grew up with, as well as some of my old teachers. I even taught some students whose parents I went to school with...still trying to do the math with some of those.

Blaine was able to come down for a weekend and we did some "bar-hopping" in Elgin! For those who don't know, Elgin does not have much of a bar scene, but we made the most of it. We went to Quoffer's, the British pub on Main Street, which is just one of the many TWO bars that any sane person would actually go to. We saw a few familiar faces and had a good time listening to American Idol's next contestants singing their hearts out. I love it..Blaine has absolutely no qualms about getting up in front of everyone and singing karaoke all night long! We had a great time.

I was fortunate enough to be in town long enough to attend the wedding of a dear, life-long friend of mine. Amanda's wedding was absolutely beautiful..I am so glad I was able to make it. The reception boasted a very swanky sitting area, one that we just had to get pictures of! The cake was also gorgeous, so much so that you could see the disappointment on Amanda's nephew's face when he learned they weren't cutting the cake yet! Too funny.



All in all, I had a great visit and look forward to going back next summer!

No comments: