Thursday, July 23, 2009

You Mean We Have To Pack AGAIN???

I'm not sure of the best way to share news with all of our loved ones at the same time besides this blog...so, here we go. We are moving to Hawaii in January!! Yes, you read that right. Even though we have been expecting news on our next military move, we were not exactly expecting the news to come so soon..and we weren't sure of exactly where we were going. That said, we are very excited and are looking forward to this new adventure! Although our military friends understand, this has been bittersweet for us in having to tell them that we're leaving. We have met some incredible people in Charleston and hold those friendships very dear to our hearts. One of the great things about the military, though, is knowing we will run into each other again some day soon...and the existence of Space A flights so that we can see each other whenever they want!! :)

For the remainder of our time here, I have found the PERFECT job! Obviously, I cannot take a full-time teaching position as I would have liked to, knowing that I will only be here for half of a school year. Instead, I have taken a long-term substitute position...at Stratford High, where I did my student-teaching...for one of the science teachers who will be on maternity leave...and the job will last for about three months (exactly what I need with the timeframe we are working with)...AND I will be working under my cooperating teacher and mentor! I am so excited about going back to a school where I feel completely comfortable and know everyone already. Of course, it would be nice to still live five minutes from the school, but I guess I can't have everything! :)

We will certainly be busy over the next few months with making arrangements for the big move, but not too busy for our family and friends. The message you all should take from this...come visit Charleston while we're still here!! Or, start making arrangements for your vacation to Hawaii... :)



Honolulu Bay


Hickam Air Force Base housing (not sure yet where we'll actually live)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so exciting!! We'll miss you around here though! At the same time, I'm jealous that you're moving so soon. :o)
And it really is amazing how everything worked out with the job situation too!

Stephanie. said...

I only have time to read the headline, but I have to say that I am soooo happy for you two!! However, I am very sad that the date is January....that is too close for me!! I will hate to see you go =(

Shalisa said...

Congratulations on your PSC! That is very exciting!

Taryn Connell said...

I'm so excited for you! What a beautiful place to move to...super jealous! Congrats! - Taryn

Matt & Lindsey said...

January! Oh so soon! I am truly happy that things are going well, but you two will be greatly missed! :( Lets make the best of it! I would definitely like to come visit Hawaii...oh and your apt downtown!