Saturday, May 8, 2010

Our New Place: Part 2...

I thought I'd add some outdoor photos, now that our yard is freshly mowed and I was able to take pictures. Drum roll please......seriously, don't get too excited. ;)


Here is our building...you may recall that it's a "fourplex", like four townhomes in one building. We are one of the middle units, closest to the corner unit that you can see here. Most of the houses are set up this way, unless you are a Colonel or above. Oh, and that's Blaine's spearfishing-scuba diving-surfing-beach going Tacoma parked in front. He insisted he needed a truck just for those purposes. :)

This is our front yard and door. You can see our neighbor's door in this picture, too. It's a good thing we get along so well, being as close as we are!


Our back patio, complete with new furniture and all! I have also added some planters, my favorite being the half wine barrel you see here. This is our herb garden, complete with two types of thyme, two types of basil, oregano, mint, italian parsley, and sage. We also have rosemary, green onions, cilantro, and four types of peppers in the other planters.


Another angle of the patio...and a view of our fragrant plumeria trees! I think you can kind of see how close the units in the building are by looking at the space between the sidewalks. No complaints, though, as our neighbors to the left make awesome pina coladas and mai tais, while our neighbors to the right BBQ regularly and feed us more than we feed ourselves!

Here, you can see our papaya tree, a couple of tropical bushes, and our lime tree.

Stay tuned for "Our New Place: Part 3" for the upstairs pics! And don't forget the picture I promised of Blaine in his spearfishing gear...we're going tomorrow and I plan to pack the camera! ;)

Update: No spearfishing yesterday, as the parking lots near Blaine's favorite spot were full. But we did find an awesome snorkeling spot on the North Shore...and discovered an even MORE awesome Thai food restaurant! Yummy!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your place looks AWESOME! You could make a fruit salad from all your trees and the desk is beautiful ;o)

love to you and Blaine,

the Tellez's