Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Favorite Recipes!

I have a new-found love for cooking and baking. I'm not sure if it's my desire to excel as a housewife or if it's due to my love of eating good food ;), but I am definitely getting into, and enjoying, making good meals. I have been inspired by two friends recently to blog about recipes and eating well! One friend posted a wonderful post on meal planning and shared some of her yummy recipes (one of which I have in the oven as I write). Another friend posted her plea for help on making a yummy meal for her hubby returning from deployment. Combine the two and I had a light bulb moment! Why not share a few of my favorite recipes and urge my fellow blogging sisters to do the same!! This way, we get to shine the spotlight on our favorite recipes and we all get some great new recipes to try. :)

This is Blaine's favorite entree (note: I increase the cooking time in the oven until the meat thermometer reaches 170 degrees, about 22 minutes)...

Honey-buttered Pork Tenderloin

One of my favorite sides to make is my own creation…

Mashed Baked Potatoes

2 potatoes per person (I usually use half of a 5 lb bag if I'm cooking for 4-6 people)
1/2 stick butter
1 yellow onion (chopped)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Bacon crumbles (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste

Peel and quarter potatoes, boil until tender (when you can easily insert a fork through them). Meanwhile, saute onion in butter until tender. Whip potatoes with all ingredients with electric mixer until well blended and to your desired consistency.
Again, this is my own creation, so none of these ingredient amounts are exact...I just eyeball it and add everything until the potatoes taste like I want them to! ;)

This is my all-time FAVORITE dessert! I leave the wine out if I don’t have an open bottle (which is rare) and they’re great either way. I promise it will not disappoint:

Molten Spiced Chocolate Cabernet Cakes

http://www.mccormickgourmet.com/Recipes/Desserts/Molten-Spiced-Chocolate-Cabernet-Cakes.aspx

What are your favorite go-to recipes?? I challenge you, my fellow bloggers, to post some of your favorites so that we can all build up our recipe collections!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, I'm looking forward to sharing recipes!! Thanks for posting your favs and I'll definitely try them out - looks delish. :)