Monday, February 14, 2011

I Love You!

We all have moments like these...moments that touch us so deeply that we sit back and think about our spouses, loved ones, and all the blessings to be thankful for in our lives. I had a moment yesterday...

We were at brunch at the Officer's Club with friends, enjoying the good food, yummy mimosas, and fun time! At the table next to us sat an older man, maybe in his 50's, enjoying the same. He was very friendly, making conversation and commiserating with us over the subpar service. ;) He had two glasses of water at his table, but I never actually saw anyone sit with him for brunch. As he got up to leave, he wished me and Jill a happy Valentine's day, and we joked that it will be if our husbands are on their A-game. He then told us that he loved being married so much, but that his wife left him. She had gone to heaven at age 48. He reminded us all to embrace every day with our loved ones because you never know what tomorrow will bring. He was misty-eyed as he told us this, and it completely broke my heart!

I share this story with you all for two reasons...to tell you, my loved ones, that I love all of you, and to remind you all to enjoy every second of today, tomorrow, and so on with your spouses and loved ones!

Happy Valentine's Day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello tears... I've been super sentimental lately! :) What a sweet story and how wonderful it is to love and to be loved.