Blaine has been incredibly busy this week with our wing commander's farewell...yes, the same week we shipped a car overseas and had all of our household goods packed up and shipped out, too. I lost focus for a moment (okay, maybe several moments ;)) and felt stress and frustration when our move did not seem to be the first priority in our household. But then I took a deep breath and put everything into perspective...
As a supportive military spouse, a job that I view very seriously, I take care of things at home so that my husband can be effective at his job. After all, it's his job that gives us this lifestyle that we so treasure and love. Sure, without his job, I wouldn't have to deal with the stress and frustration of the moves. But I love our life...the life the Air Force has given us...so much and can't picture living any other way. Our wing commander spoke recently and his words resonated with us...he said that he and his wife decided a long time ago to stop focusing on and talking about the difficulties of the military way of life, but rather on the amazing opportunities the Air Force has provided them. We have been afforded wonderful opportunities at the hands of the Air Force, not to mention that Blaine and I would have never met and fell in love. :) So as we sit in our nearly empty house this week on the 4th of July, I will give thanks for the blessing of being born in this amazing country and the military as a whole for keeping us safe...but I will be especially grateful for our Air Force in particular. The Air Force is so good to us, and we really owe much of our happiness to it!
Have a Happy 4th of July!!
4 comments:
I whole-heartedly agree with that mentality/perspective! I love the life the AF has given us, despite the frustrating things that sometimes pop up. Good luck with your move!!
good luck and enjoy moving! z will be in AL for SOS in august! i am sure he wants to catch up with you guys!
you cannot move, you cannot move, you cannot move....it didn't work...you're moving!!! whahhahhahahhahahahahahahaha.
I love this post! Jen you are an amazing wife and a great role model for mil spouses! Truer words could not be spoken! I'm glad we share the same ideas and I am glad to have gotten to know you when we lived in Hawaii. Good luck in Alabama!
Post a Comment