Sunday, September 23, 2012

We're ALL Still Here! :)


I know I have taken a serious hiatus from blogging...and at a time when I really have had so much to write about. For one, we have settled into our new home in Alabama after two weeks of fun in Montana and Texas!  But the real reason I couldn't get onto our blog is the fear of letting our little secret slip early...WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!  I got teary-eyed just writing that.  :)  I'm due on April 4th, which puts me at 12 weeks this past Thursday.  Believe me you, I wanted to blog about this when we found out at 5 weeks.  ;)  Now I feel comfortable sharing our wonderful news with my blog family, so exciting!

We couldn't be more thrilled and we feel so blessed to have been given this gift.  We found out while we were in Texas and it was so much fun to be able to tell my family in person.  Shortly after arriving in Alabama, we made the trip to Atlanta to tell Blaine's family in person, too.  I will forever cherish the memories of our families' reactions.

After having the medical clinic on base confirm my pregnancy, I was able to make an appointment with the midwife we wanted to see off-base.  Our first appointment was at 8 weeks, followed by the first ultrasound at 9 weeks.  I imagined it would be amazing, but I don't think we were prepared for just how awesome this would be.  I was so nervous, I guess I just didn't believe it...until we saw with our own eyes!  Our baby came into view immediately and all I could do was laugh and cry at the same time.  Baby Baker's tiny heart was beating strong and fast (178 bpm), which is what I really needed to see to calm my nerves.  And then the image moved!  No one told me that I might see the baby move at just 9 weeks!  The more I laughed with amazement, the more baby moved around.  It was incredible.  We left that appointment with so much joy, I can't even describe it.


Our precious baby at 9 weeks!  I can't stop looking at this picture, I just love him/her so much.  

I just had my 12 week appointment (Blaine was in class and couldn't join me) on Thursday and all went well.  My widwife tried listening for the heartbeat again (we couldn't hear anything at 8 weeks) and she found it!  Of course, I cried again.  I was not prepared for how much emotion a little heartbeat could evoke.  And then we heard these "thumps", which my midwife said were little kicks!  To imagine those little feet already kicking...I'm in love!  


Not sure if my belly is due to baby and my "rearranging" body or the yummy foods I've consumed.  ;)

Our next appointment is October 17th when we will already get to find out what we're having!  I always thought I'd be the kind of mom who would want to wait and be surprised, that just sounds so exciting to me.  But we are so anxious and like to plan...that idea flew out the window weeks ago.  ;)  I've been very disciplined and haven't bought a thing yet ( I know, that is SO not my personality)...but you can bet I'll be in the stores the afternoon of the 17th!  

I will keep you all posted on baby news...and I might just blog about our move at some point.  :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo happy to read this blog post!! Couldn't be happier for you guys and I teared up just reading about how excited you are! :o) can't wait to find out what you're having!!

kaceyleigh said...

YEA!!!! Congratulations Bakers! Very exciting news!!!

Lauren Chestnutt Coburn said...

Congratulation! That is such wonderful news! And you look absolutely beautiful! Can't wait for more details as you move toward April 4! XO

Jill said...

YEA!! Finally I don't have to keep it a secret anymore! I can yell from the rooftops that JEN is PREGNANT!!!! I know I have said it before and I will continue to say it. I am so happy for you guys, and so very sad that we aren't together to plan and shop.

Katie said...

Best news ever!!! So excited for you two!! That baby is lucky and blessed beyond words to have you and Blaine for parents!! Much love from us to ALL of you!!

Unknown said...

So incredibly happy for you guys! What an awesome house warming gift! ;0) those little thumps and whooshing always got me too. Can't wait to see that belly grow and hear what you're having. Congrats to you and Blaine!

Unknown said...

Not sure what that says "unknown" but its the Tellez fam :0)

JJ said...

I think that is so incredibly amazing that your family is growing. so happy for you both! and thanks for sharing with the rest of us!

Rachel said...

I love seeing you with a little baby bump!! Sooooo excited! :)

Stephanie. said...

Congratulations on such amazing news!!! That is one lucky baby to have you and Blaine as his/her parents! Your excitement is radiating through the computer screen. xoxo

The Dugies said...

Congrats on your amazing news!! :)

DeDe said...

Sending so much love your way, I just can't stand it. ;) Sweet sweet baby blessings, dear friend!