Monday, February 11, 2013

A Tea Room Baby Shower!

Some of my fellow AF spouses hosted a lovely baby shower for me this past weekend and it was amazing!  I've been trying to convince moms-to-be for a while now that a tea room shower would be adorable, but I haven't had any takers.  I was beyond thrilled when this became an option for my very own shower!  I love tea rooms.  :)  When my wonderful friends in Hawaii heard about this, they offered to help, too, making this the perfect day!  There were 12 ladies in attendance; some neighbors, others whose spouses are in classes with Blaine, and some more that are just friends from different spouse groups here in Montgomery.


Cute tea setting with spa favors for each guest


Enjoying afternoon tea and good company


Yummy foods...I can't wait to go back to just have lunch soon!


Sweet gifts from my generous friends


Poor ladies having to endure watching me open gifts...I'm a slow gift opener and talk quite a bit.  ;)


One of many cute outfits for Baby Sam


There are actually A LOT of pictures of me opening gifts...but I could only find a few where I didn't look absolutely huge!  Seriously.


Beautiful handmade blanket made by one of my neighbors.  She also sells on Etsy...her company is called Mouse & Me.


Bonnie (one of the hostesses) and her three-week old son, Isaac...isn't he adorable?!


Another sweet outfit!


Thanks ladies for making me feel so special and loved!  The only thing missing here are my amazing friends in Hawaii...sure do miss you girls!  I can't thank you enough for all the happiness you bring into my life.  :)

2 comments:

Jill said...

I have tears...I so wanted to be there. I promise I am working feverishly on Sam's gifts now that I am back. I will have them sent off soon. Hopefully before she makes her arrival!

Miss you friend. I am so glad you had a wonderful shower. You of all people deserved it!

DeDe said...

These girls did you right! What a perfect shower! Of course, I wish I was there with you. Please know that I am sending showers of blessings from Morocco!