Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mustaches..

I think I did an EXCELLENT job of copying Blaine's mustache!! HA! Just look at the side-by-side comparison...



Deployments bring with them many changes and adjustments to our lives. They also seem to make our husbands think that they look great with mustaches! Most of them grow mustaches, as it has become some sort of deployment tradition. These mustaches have been a topic of conversation among many of the wives at several events. We've even brought out the phones and cameras to pass around pictures of our husbands' newest looks. If only they knew we're not commenting on how handsome they look..instead, we're laughing hysterically! Maybe they do it for laughs, maybe it's because they actually think they look good..I'm not really sure of the real reason. What I DO know is that THEY know they should get it out of their systems while over there, since we're going to make them shave before getting off of that plane back home!

Last night, several of us got together at a friend's house and decided that our husbands needed a good laugh, too! So, what better than to dress in flightsuits and to draw, color, and cut out mustaches! Thanks to Katie's sweet daughter, Sophia, we had plenty of arts and crafts materials to go around and our mustaches turned out great! We had such a hard time keeping straight faces for these photos..which made it even funnier when our mustaches were falling off throughout the photo session!!

So, here's to our husbands' handsome mustaches..from your beautiful wives (who also have handsome mustaches)! We love you guys!!

2 comments:

Adam and Shalisa said...

So true about the "Mustaches" and deployments. I never will understand. Love your pictures they are great. It looks like you had lots of fun to.

Michelle said...

That was so much fun! B got a good laugh!