Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sweet Baby Rabbits

Mother Nature knows what she's doing! Many animals grow very quickly after they are born because it is essential to their survival, but just look at how big my baby rabbits are getting! It hasn't even been a week since I took the last picture!

I was worried after I found them (and after Blaze had stuck his nose in their nest) that the mother would not care for them anymore. Blaine assured me that she would come back...and he had to convince me numerous times to not check on them every five minutes. Well, she did come back, and being the good mommy she is, she reconstructed their nest and covered them with a "blanket" of her fur! Isn't that the sweetest? The fur has kept them warm and dry from all the rain we've had the past few days. They have been safe and sound...yet, I still check on them every day...sometimes twice a day.

No comments: