We revived the monocle from Halloween for this event...one of our party guests said, "this would be awesome if we had a monocle to wear while smoking our pipes"...DONE. Then he said, "this would be really awesome if we had top hats to wear, too"...DONE again! Leave it to the Bakers to have the most random party props on the block!!
We originally attempted to have a 14-person poker game...not a good idea. So, we split the group into two tables and the winners from the two joined together for a final round.
I made a delicious cheesecake for Jill's 30th birthday! I knew the Pipes and Poker party fell on her birthday, but we didn't know we were celebrating such a milestone birthday until after we had cake!
Happy 30th Birthday, Jill!!
This was one of the most fun (and rowdiest...we had a noise complaint :)) parties ever! I'm sure this will become a regular event...I've already started to brainstorm ideas for the next Pipes and Poker party...maybe full costumes? We just may all have Sherlock Holmes costumes and do this again for Halloween...or next month. :)
And I would be remiss to not include another highlight of the weekend on our blog...
Blaine got this gorgeous 5 1/2 pound golden trevally while spearfishing...needless to say, he was overjoyed!
3 comments:
The cake looks fabulous, and the party looks like it was a lot of fun! How about sending that nice weather our way?
Pipes and Poker is a must! I will surely host one at our house as soon as we can! Thank you for the wonderful cheesecake..it made my day.
that party looked awesome and hey if you combine the monocle and top hats you have Mr. Peanut!! glad everyone had fun and Jill got to celebrate a big bday w/ friends :o)
Post a Comment