Saturday, August 6, 2011

You Might Be A Child Of The 80's...

...if you just celebrated your 30th birthday!
Ahhh, the twenties have come and gone and I have entered into the fourth decade of my life. To commemorate such an occasion, we had an 80's-themed birthday party! We couldn't have done it without the help of our awesome friends and neighbors...we are so blessed to be surrounded by such great people, thank you all so much for your help. :)

We decorated in neon colors and animal prints, had an awesome playlist of 80's hits, and held a cornhole tournament (not 80's, but we can't have a party without cornhole!). The foods and drinks were all named after 80's movies and we all had a good laugh as each guest arrived in their best 80's garb! And, oh, the tight SHORT shorts on the men!! I think we got to see our male guests in a whole different light. ;) The party was RAD, the food was FAR OUT, and the costumes were TOTALLY TUBULAR!

Outdoor table and drinks
Had to include some wine coolers!

We had pictures of me and Steve (my birthday twin) from the 80's!

I made a Pac-Man cake! I think it turned out great for my first try. :)

Jill had a great idea for favors...an 80's candy bar! The bar included Warheads, Fun Dip, Pixy Stix, Tootsie Pops, Airheads, Pop Rocks, and Candy Necklaces!

Jewlee came up with the best food names...thanks, J, you're a genius!!

"Magnum P.I.zza"



"A Wing Called Wanda"



"Die Hard Dip"

"When Harry Met Salad"

"Better Off Bread"
The girls!
The boys...parental discretion advised. ;)
Birthday kids! Gabe also had his birthday this week, so all three of us blew out candles.


Silly string...seemed like a good idea when I bought it...not so good now that I have to pull out the pressure washer to clean it up. :)



Bustin' out some 80's dance moves!

My sweet friend, Christina, asked a great question last night..."What are your goals for your 30's?". I named a few but think I should really set some good ones and put them in writing...

1. Start a family and be an awesome mom.

2. Be a supportive and loving wife to Blaine.

3. Give more than I receive...and teach our children to do the same!

4. Volunteer more.

5. Make a difference in my students' lives while teaching.

6. Take charge of my health, eat well, and exercise often.

7. Be a great daughter, sister, niece, and friend...I want to listen more and talk less...and I want to remember birthdays and send cards less haphazardly! ;)

I'm looking forward to my 30's...I think they'll bring some amazing times and adventures!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Totally cool party! I especially love your pacman cake. I'm glad you had a great birthday celebration! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a fun birthday!! And I agree with Rachel - the PacMan cake is my favorite part! :o)