After the first vet didn't pan out (I'll spare you the details, but, basically, he wanted to tack on an extra procedure at the last minute for more money), I found an excellent vet who was able to do the surgery the next day!! Thank you Honolulu Pet Clinic and Dr. Kondo...I will refer you to whoever will listen! Blaze had to spend one night in the hospital and I was ready in record time the next morning when they called to tell me I could pick him up!
Blaze is recovering well...he has to wear "the cone", which he is not thrilled about at all, and we've had to change his diet to prevent future stones. Instead of processed treats, he gets fruits and vegetables, and we've switched to a dry food that is designed specifically to keep stones at bay. After all is said and done, we have a happy dog recovering well, he is eating a healthier diet now, we paid HALF of what we would have paid with the first quack vet, and we couldn't be more thankful today!
Lesson: Feed your dogs a healthy diet and incorporate fruits and veggies, shop around and get second opinions :), and MAKE SURE to look for a vet with AAHA accreditation!
3 comments:
glad he is home and doing better! Now isn't that advice good for all of us? Eat better feel better!
yay little blaze! moby continues to send get well licks!
poor little man :o(
Post a Comment