Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Well, hello!

Air. There you are. Yes, I finally found a moment of reaching the top of the water and can breathe again! So, I've been in my new job just over a month now, and it is, to say the least, overwhelming. Who knew how difficult it would be to switch mindsets back and forth from Chemistry to Algebra all day long?! That said, I do like it but think I will LOVE it once I really get the swing of things. I only like it right now. ;) I've already had a few of those "teacher moments' where the students make me proud and I feel proud for having taught them! And then there are moments that make me not want to go back tomorrow. Sigh. All in all, I know that I am blessed to be where I am right now, and for that I am grateful! I just wanted to check in to let you all know I am still here and enjoy reading YOUR blogs while attempting to stay afloat!


Completely random, but I feel that I should post something here about a very important event coming up in October. Blaine and I are participating in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure to raise funds for breast cancer research and awareness. Another teacher at my school put together a team, but I, personally, will be running in honor of my Aunt Diana, who is battling breast cancer (which has recently spread to her bones). If you are looking for a great way to give back, donations to the Susan G. Komen foundation can be made here:

http://www.info-komen.org/site/TR/RacefortheCure/General?px=10572363&pg=personal&fr_id=2267

...but a simple prayer for my aunt and all the others affected by breast cancer is more than appreciated, too. Thank you.

4 comments:

Lauren Chestnutt Coburn said...

welcome back! glad to hear school is going well! z was super excited to visit your area last week (im pretty sure your husband had something to do with his excitment ;o) prayers for your family! you know how i feel about breast cancer awareness! xo

Jennifer Baker said...

Thanks, Lauren. My aunt actually passed away this morning. Your continued prayers and support for breast cancer awareness are much appreciated!

Jill said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt. My thoughts are with you and your family.
I love your stories about teaching :) In our defense (my lack of blogging is horrendous) we have been busy the past month!

Rachel said...

So sorry to hear about your aunt. I'll be sure to pray for you and your family.

I'm sure you are doing great at your teaching job Mrs. Baker! :)