Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Cold Front...

...has hit Hawaii. It was 62 degrees when I left the house this morning, which feels FANTASTIC to me! Others...not so much. I can't even count how many students came in today wearing jackets, long pants, and complaining about the cold! Seriously? I also heard that one of the weather forecasters here was on TV yesterday, wearing a North Face jacket and gloves! I find this all to be slightly humorous. :)


In other news, this week is Teacher Appreciation Week! I have been getting fruit (yes, lots of apples), stationary, flowers, and leis all week. But today takes the cake for being the best...hand-written notes of thanks from students. :) I have been getting the sweetest cards and drawings...some from students I never imagined cared or thought of me any more than the time we spend together in class. Who knows, maybe I will be one of those memorable teachers in some kid's life?! I am very humbled (and have shed a few secret tears) at the thoughtfulness of my students and the power I have to leave a positive impression on them. What an awesome day!




Who was your most memorable teacher or mentor? WHY did that person leave such an impression on you?

No comments: