Wednesday, October 17, 2012

It's a...

...GIRL!!!

Our ultrasound today revealed that we are going to have a precious baby girl!  To say that we are excited is an understatement.  I woke up this morning between 5 and 6 a.m...it felt like Christmas morning and I just couldn't sleep any more!  I was excited, emotional, and nervous all day long...in hindsight, I would have made our appointment earlier in the day rather than waiting until the end.  ;)  But, instead, I spent all day feeling queasy with an accelerated heart rate.  The wait was worth it, though, when SHE came into view.

After checking in, we were called back immediately and a wave of emotions hit me again.  We were about to find out if we would be parents to a son or a daughter!  What a huge deal!!  The ultrasound tech wasted no time and found Baby Baker right away...she's grown a lot and her heart was beating strong.  The technician had to poke and prod my belly a bit to get her to "reveal" herself, and she complied!  I've looked at enough ultrasound pictures online to know what a girl looks like versus what a boy looks like at 16 weeks (yes, I've been a bit obsessed with the subject).  I knew what she was as soon as that area came into view, and about that same time the technician said, "It's definitely a girl!"  She took several shots and each one looked just like the other pictures I had researched.  Blaine and I were ecstatic!  I cried (I was crying before we even made it to the appointment ;)) and laughed...to think of God blessing us with a little girl of our very own!  This is so surreal, I feel like I'm dreaming!  We left our appointment with pictures and a video in hand...and I'm sure everyone in that office knew what we were there for by the way I was carrying on while walking out.  :)

 So, a sweet little girl...we can call Baby Baker by her name now, Samantha Elle Baker.  Baby Sam, for short.  ;)  We are in love with her and this baby already has Blaine wrapped around her little finger.


Sweet little face with her hands up by her cheeks.  Is it just me, or does it look like she's trying to scare someone...perhaps preparing for Halloween?  ;)



Laying face down...she moved around a bit after the technician poked at her.  Look how she's grown since her last picture!


It's a girl!


16 weeks (tomorrow)...my belly is starting to feel really round and hard.  I actually look pregnant now!  And, yes, there's only one in there.

I'm so glad we decided to find out what we're having...I feel like I have a better sense of who this baby is and I already find myself dreaming about what she'll be like.  We can't wait to meet you, Baby Sam!!

9 comments:

Jill said...

Goosebumps again! Oh baby Sam you are so loved already. Congratulations to your sweet mommy and daddy.

XO AUNTIE J

and ps....you are TINY!!!

Blaine and Jennifer said...

Thanks, Auntie Jill! And for the last comment, too...I was actually trying to suck in my tummy a little in that picture. ;)

Michelle said...

Yay! She is luckiest little girl to have you guys for parents! Congrats!

Blaine and Jennifer said...

Thanks, Michelle! We feel lucky to have her, can't wait!

Stephanie. said...

Wahoo! Enjoy the ride!n

Becca said...

Congrats Jenn!! Kelby and I are so happy for you guys. You two will be great parents to Baby Sam. :)

Blaine and Jennifer said...

I've so enjoyed watching you raise Olivia, can't wait to have a sweet girl of our own! :)

Blaine and Jennifer said...

Thanks, Becca! I'll be hitting you moms up with lots of questions soon! ;)

DeDe said...

Sam, we love you! Thank God for little girls, and thank God for little girls with AMAZING mommies...like you!