Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Boppies, Bottles, and Bibs, OH MY!

This is for all my mom friends out there...

It's time to register and shop for baby items, and I have to admit that I'm a bit overwhelmed.  Where to start?!  Every product that I need gives me a gazillion choices.  And they all come with good and bad reviews.  I've spent a lot of time on Consumer Reports, researching the best and safest products for our baby girl.  There are worries of BPA, carcinogens, suffocation risks, etc...I thought this would be easier with more obvious choices in products!  For years, I've been tucking away thoughts while having conversations with all of you about your babies, so I feel somewhat prepared when it comes to caring for and raising children.  However, I could use some help in the baby products area.  So, I turn to you...all of my mom friends who have tested products.  What do you recommend?  Are there any products you found that you couldn't live without?  Or any products that you thought you needed but never used?  You're the pros, so I know you'll steer me in the right direction!  :)

4 comments:

Stephanie. said...

My MUST list for babies:
1. Video monitor
2. Muslin swaddle blankets (Aidan & Anais or Bambinoland)
3. Snap and go stroller (just a stroller frame to sit car seat on). You do not need the entire travel system, like the retailers lead you to believe. Buy just the car seat and then you have more flexibility to buy more quality strollers that suit your needs.
4. Itz Been Timer (for baby 1 in our house it was my lifeline..didn't use it for baby 2)
5. Fisher Price Cradle Swimg (ours is Natures Touch but I think there are some different types) I swear by this swing and hear the same from people I've recommended it to.
6. Something so you can "wear your baby". I used my Hotsling all the time with O, not really at all for C. Bought a Baby Ergo for C and I still use it a few times a week (and it goes up to 50 lb so toddlers can ride, too)
7. A Hooter hider or some type of nursing cover
8. A jogging stroller if you plan to exercise. I am a huge huge huge BOB fan, some love the Phil &Ted. It's all personal preference.

Blaine and Jennifer said...

Wow, Stephanie, this is a great list! Thank you so much!!

Jill said...

I don't know what to tell you. Its been 6 years (gasp) since I had a baby in the house. I remember using the bouncy seat and the swing a lot with big A. Little A only wanted to be held.
These Ergo Baby things look awesome. I saw a report on them, designed by a mom on Maui! I wasn't a fan of the baby bjorn...always thought their legs looked funny in it. Remember the first few weeks baby girl will only be able to see you. Don't stress on making sure her nursery is perfect...she won't know the difference!
Best advice...enjoy every MOMENT. Believe me it goes WAY to fast. sniffle sniffle

Blaine and Jennifer said...

That's wonderful advice! Thanks, Jill! I'll have to look into this Baby Ergo. :)