Today was a very special day. First and foremost, we remember the fallen and honor the living veterans of war today. But we also celebrated for another reason...today is Blaine's 35th birthday! It is only fitting that someone as patriotic as my husband be born on this day. :) We had a nice breakfast with Blaine's brother, followed by gifts and yummy cupcakes. I don't think Blaine was expecting any of it, so it was nice to see a look of surprise when he woke up to all of this. I really love to make him feel special!

Perhaps the best gift of the day came later...when Blaine finally was able to see and feel our baby girl kicking and moving around in my belly! I started to feel flutters and thumps a couple of weeks ago, but wasn't exactly sure it was her I was feeling. But then I was reassured a few mornings ago when I decided to sit still and watch my belly. Much to my surprise, I saw it move with one of those thumps! I laughed and laughed until I cried. So amazing! Since that morning, I've been trying to get her to move for Blaine, but I guess she was waiting for today to give him a special "birthday kick"! The look on his face was priceless. :) I think we are both so ready to meet her, we have so much fun talking and dreaming about who she will be and what our sweet little family will be like.
My growing belly...I haven't even taken the 19 week picture and I'll be 20 weeks on Thursday! I think I'm even bigger now since this picture was taken.
Samantha's first pair of shoes...oh, to imagine those little kicking feet wearing these! Melts my heart. :)
5 comments:
Happy Birthday and Happy Veterans Day to Blaine!! I can't believe you're already almost 20 weeks pregnant - time is flying!! :)
happy birthday, blaine! my daddy is a 11/11 baby as well! :o) you look awesome! we are super excited to meet sam as well!
Give Sam lots of sweet rubs from the Musas. I so wish I could feel one of her loving thumps. It has got to be one of the best feelings in the world! Oh, and give that birthday boy a big bear hug! Bisous!
Geesh..I feel horrible forgetting B's birthday!! So much going on in this house!!
I can't wait to see more pics of Sam and spoil that girl. We will Facetime soon. Lets plan for when S is home so that he and B can talk too.
Love you guys and miss you most!
XOXOXO
auntie J
Post a Comment