Sunday, February 8, 2009

Go Commercials!! (and some other February happenings)

Only half way through February and I already have some pictures to share! My weekends have been very busy, which is always better than spending my time at home alone. We started out the month with a Super Bowl party at Rachel's house. It was more of a "commercial watching party" since none of us girls were really watching the game. We just really needed a reason to make some goodies and have a get-together! Everyone brought super-yummy appetizers and desserts (I had leftovers for two days afterwards) and I made a cookie cake. If you really want to know the truth, Rachel and I get "cravings" from time to time and the most recent craving just happened to be cookie cake! The Super Bowl party was the perfect reason to make one..although we would have made one sooner or later, even if it were only us eating it! I tried my best to depict the football field, and thought I did a pretty good job..until I watched a cake decorating contest on the Food Network that same day! Okay, so I won't be entering any professional contests any time soon. It still tasted good!

We had a really good time..watching commercials, but mostly just socializing. The National Anthem always seems to stand out and feel a little more special when Blaine and the guys are gone, and I think the other wives would agree. The room was very quiet when Jennifer Hudson started to sing..and what a beautiful job she did! Rachel and Aaron were watching her sing, so intently, that I just had to capture this sweet moment. DeDe was also there with Gabriel..who seemed to be all partied out. We all watched as he began nodding off in her lap until his little head finally rested on her arm. It was very hard to stay quiet when we were all laughing so hard!

In what seemed to be just a blink of the eye..another week has come and gone. Student teaching really makes time fly. And I haven't even started teaching..I'm still observing! I will start teaching this week, though. I can't imagine how time will fly then! We had another spouse social this weekend. Kelli hosted us for a themed "Let's Have Some Cheese with our Whine" party! There were so many different wines and great foods to choose from. It was a really good turnout and we had a lot of fun! Afterwards, we made our way over to Chili's for a late dinner. Here's Kelli, attempting to listen to Andrea's soon-to-be daughter, Baby Ada's heartbeat with a stethoscope while on the way to Chili's. Did I mention there was wine involved?? :)
Today was such a beautiful day..sunny and 75 degrees! It was a perfect day for our realtor to have an open house. Not only did we have a lot of people at the open house, we also had three separate showings this weekend! I'm hoping this is a sign of the market and economy picking back up again. Anytime we have an open house, we have to leave our house. This can be quite inconvenient at times, especially when I have to take Blaze and Holly with me. The weather was so nice that I decided to take them to the beach. We prefer Sullivan's Island..it's such a nice beach and the parking is free. The atmosphere there is so laid back and the people always seem so nice. Blaze loved it, until he got sand in his eye, and Holly stayed as far away from the water as possible. She's not a beach dog but she still enjoyed the walk! We had a good time..and I get a lot of joy out of seeing my puppies happy!

1 comment:

Stephanie. said...

Fun pictures and I hope the Open House will lead to some offers soon!! Fingers crossed...