We began our "date" with dinner at a Japanese steakhouse. Most of the girls had sushi, but I stuck to my good ol' vegetables and fried rice. I think I may have been the only person at the table who did not have to explain what they were eating. Although sushi looks very tasty and is, essentially, an art form, I just can't bring myself to enjoy fish. I know...what a waste that is living here in Charleston!
After dinner, we headed downtown to Social Wine Bar (this may be my new favorite place). I ordered a "flight" (three different tastes) of Spanish red wines. They were AWES
OME..maybe the best red wine I've ever had! The other girls also ordered flights of wine..which equated to 18 glasses of wine!! Now, while I say they were "tastes", this place really draws a fine line between "tastes" and "full glasses of wine". Three tastes are all you can have if you plan on driving home. We also ordered desserts...because what would a great Valentine's Day be without dessert? I like to call these photos "Who needs a husband on Valentine's Day when you have these?" and "Yes, definitely the aftermath of six husband-less wives on Valentine's Day"..respectively.I neglected to mention that seating at this place was "by reservation only" that night, so we had to settle for the private seating area upstairs..with leather couches..and skylights
After Social, we headed down to another "establishment" for dancing. But, on the way, we found a very nice police officer who took our picture in front of the customs building.
We ended the night with some dancing...and drinking lots of water. Some of us danced more than others..not sure why I insist on wearing heels when I know I won't be able to walk within a few hours of putting them on. We got some strange looks from some police officers on our way to the car...I can assure you we were walking the way we were because of our shoes, not the wine! Well, maybe a little bit of both..The only thing that could have made the night better is our husbands being at home, of course. But we made the most of it and had an awesome time! Here's to a memorable Valentine's Day with great friends!! Cheers!
2 comments:
Had SO much fun w/ you ladies!! And I'm glad you brought your camera, or we might not have had nearly as much fun! :o)
Looks like FUN!! Hooray for girls night out=)
Post a Comment