Time flies when you're having fun! We're already half-way through this deployment, and I don't know where
the months have gone or how we got here so fast. The first week of March has been quite eventful, with several celebrations to mention. From dinner and nights out with the girls to celebrating Blaze and Holl
y's ninth birthday..I have been all over the place in just the first week of March! Last night, several girls and I had dinner in downtown Charleston at an Italian restaurant, Mercato. The occasion? Celebrating that half-way mark of the deployment! We also paid visits to a couple of "pub and grills"..minus the grills.
the months have gone or how we got here so fast. The first week of March has been quite eventful, with several celebrations to mention. From dinner and nights out with the girls to celebrating Blaze and Holl
y's ninth birthday..I have been all over the place in just the first week of March! Last night, several girls and I had dinner in downtown Charleston at an Italian restaurant, Mercato. The occasion? Celebrating that half-way mark of the deployment! We also paid visits to a couple of "pub and grills"..minus the grills.I also met a few friends out for dinner last weekend. The occasion was also in celebration of the half-
way mark, but I should confess that we probably would have had Japanese food that night regardless of the occasion! Fried rice off of the hibachi grill always sounds great and we really don't need anything to celebrate to meet up there! Two of the six girls happen to be pregnant..I love having pregnant friends! Not only are they so cute, I feel I can justify eating out when they want to eat out..how on eart
h could I deny my pregnant friends a great meal?? I love the rice so much at this place that I asked for extra. It was a ridiculous amount of rice..we all had a good laugh over it!
way mark, but I should confess that we probably would have had Japanese food that night regardless of the occasion! Fried rice off of the hibachi grill always sounds great and we really don't need anything to celebrate to meet up there! Two of the six girls happen to be pregnant..I love having pregnant friends! Not only are they so cute, I feel I can justify eating out when they want to eat out..how on eart
h could I deny my pregnant friends a great meal?? I love the rice so much at this place that I asked for extra. It was a ridiculous amount of rice..we all had a good laugh over it!That same day, I baked a birthday cake for Blaze and Holly. We know that Blaze's birthday is March 1st, but we don't know when Holly's birthday is since I found her and have no information on her. So, I simply gave her the same birthday to make things
easy! I found this great recipe for a "dog birthday cake" online..it's kind of like a peanut butter brownie cake. With carrots. Kind of a strange combination, but I followed the recipe! I will say that I tasted it (a piece without carrots) and it was pretty good. Don't worry, I didn't have an entire slice! Blaze and Holly loved it..not to mention it smelled so good while baking!
easy! I found this great recipe for a "dog birthday cake" online..it's kind of like a peanut butter brownie cake. With carrots. Kind of a strange combination, but I followed the recipe! I will say that I tasted it (a piece without carrots) and it was pretty good. Don't worry, I didn't have an entire slice! Blaze and Holly loved it..not to mention it smelled so good while baking! Remember that I mentioned a while ago that I was helping to make a quilt for our squadron?? Well, I finished my s
quare! I'm very proud of it, although there are several places that don't line up very well. I think it still looks nice, though! After working on it for so long, I don't know that I have been inspired to make my own quilt. I do like the idea of picking out fabrics and letting someone else make one for me, though!
Stayed tuned for more updates throughout March..
3 comments:
Your square is very cute Jennifer! I cannot wait to see the whole thing. I bet it will look really neat! Have a great week!
Blaze sure took a good picture with his cake.
The quilt square is very pretty.
Congrats half way point very nice feeling. Love your quilt square it looks awesome.
Post a Comment