Oh, yeah! I vaguely remember earning a teaching degree...TWO years ago! After a 5,000 mile relocation (in the middle of a school year) and substitute teaching for the last year, I finally get to put my training to the test! I am proud to say that I recently accepted a full-time teaching position! But this is not just any teaching position...it's the perfect teaching position. :)
Top Ten Pros...
1. I'll be teaching in a private school...with 10 students or less per class. Awesome, I know.
2. The school is less than a 10-minute drive from my house (you can see it from the Air Force base). No fighting traffic!
3. I already know the staff and all of the students...and they love me! The feeling is mutual. :)
4. I'm teaching in HAWAII! Which means I get to teach Hawaiian kids and learn more about their culture.
5. In addition to the regular holidays, we also celebrate Hawaiian holidays!
6. The students are so respectful...and they've been begging me to teach there full-time. I can't wait to see their faces on August 17th!
7. I get to teach Chemistry! And Algebra and P.E. But we will focus on the Chemistry part...FUN! ;)
8. I get to make a difference in these kids' lives, which makes me feel like I have purpose and a big responsibility.
9. I have the freedom to choose what and how I teach because the private school does not have to teach to state standards or tests.
10. I will grow personally and professionally...and will always be able to say my first teaching job was in paradise!!
While I'll have to work harder to make time for the beach, I'm looking forward to the challenge of being a teacher in my own classroom. I think this year will be very busy, to say the least, but will bring more ups than downs...and I'm ready for this new adventure!
You can check out my new school here: www.assets-school.net
happy 12 months, eliza...
8 years ago
2 comments:
Congratulations, Jen! How super exciting! Those kids will definately be blessed with you as their teacher. Good luck!
so exciting! i hope you have a wonderful school year!
Post a Comment